|Romantic riverside retreat with a view of Chimney Rock.
River Rose Cottage is one of the most charming Chimney Rock cabin rentals tucked away on a quiet road that runs along the Rocky Broad River.
Built in 1921, the cottage retains many charming elements from its past, such as 10' beaded-board ceilings and a natural stone fireplace to which gas logs have been added for chilly mountain evenings.
The cottage has 3 porches furnished for outdoor living and dining, complete with rocking chairs and ceiling fans. Enjoy sitting in the old-fashioned glider on the front porch that is directly below Chimney Rock, which is dramatically illuminated in the evenings. And we highly recommend naps on the side porch where the sounds of the rushing river lull you to sleep.
The Rocky Broad River is stocked with trout during fishing season and you can enjoy fly fishing, wading and tubing right out your back door.
After a fun-filled day spent hiking in Chimney Rock State Park and exploring the tiny village of Chimney Rock, cross the one-lane bridge over the Rocky Broad River and come home to your own private cottage.
It's a Cottage Tradition to spend an evening with family and friends around a campfire roasting hot dogs and marshmallows down by the river.
And always the soothing sounds of the river can be heard from anywhere in the cottage.
River Rose Cottage, the most charming of Chimney Rock cabin rentals, is waiting for you to visit and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Chimney Rock Cabin Rental Amenities
• Appropriate for 2-6 people
• 3 bedrooms Two queens and one daybed with pull-out trundle (same as 2 twins; ideal for children)
• 2 full baths (one with antique claw-footed tub, one with Jacuzzi and separate shower)
• Natural stone fireplace with gas logs
• Cable TV/VCR/DVD
• Separate dining room
• Fully furnished kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, cooking & dining utensils
• Washer/Dryer, iron & ironing board
• Central air and heat
• Charcoal grill. Guests must bring charcoal and lighter fuel.
• Due to our mountainous region, there is space for ONLY TWO CARS at the cottage. Please do not park on the street or in undesignated areas. Thank you for your understanding.
Perfect for a family vacation, or a romantic getaway for two, River Rose Cottage is located within walking distance to village shops and restaurants and less than a mile from Lake Lure.
River Rose Cottage is located on the same street as Crimson Cottage, and it is only a short walk between the two cottages. If rented together, tenants receive a 10% discount off Crimson Cottage rate.
Search this web site for the amenities you need
(for example: number of bedrooms, fireplace, views, etc.)
River Rose Cottage
Availability of this Cabin
(For additional availability, click here.)