River Rose Cottage
Availability of this Cabin
(For additional availability, click here.)
This romantic riverside cottage is on a quiet, dead-end street that runs along the Rocky Broad River.
Built in 1921, the cottage retains many charming elements from its past, such as 10’ beaded-board ceilings and a natural stone fireplace to which gas logs have been added for those chilly mountain evenings.
The cottage has 2 screen porches furnished for outdoor living and dining and complete with rocking chairs and ceiling fans. Enjoy sitting in the old-fashioned glider on the open front porch with views of Chimney Rock. The Rocky Broad River is right out the back door and is stocked with trout so you have no excuse for not hauling in a catch! You can also build an outdoor fire in the fire ring or go tubing in the river.
It’s a short walk into Chimney Rock Village where there are lots of quaint shops and restaurants and the entrance to Chimney Rock State Park. The Lake Lure Marina and Beach is about a mile away and there are additional hiking trails about 3 miles away. Asheville is 23 miles away and the Tryon International Equestrian Center is 20 miles away.
Cottage has only one floor. Living room, kitchen, dining room, 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, laundry room, 3 porches.
River Rose Cottage is located on the same street as Crimson Cottage, and it is only a short walk between the two cottages.
Chimney Rock Cabin Rental Details
• 1,050 ± square ft. 1-story vintage cottage with mountain and river views. Built in 1921, fully renovated.
• 3 bedrooms – Two queens, one daybed with pull-out trundle (like 2 twins).
• 2 full bathrooms – One with antique claw-foot tub and one with shower and Jacuzzi tub.
• Maximum occupancy: 6 (including children).
• Linens and towels provided.
• Kitchen fully stocked with cooking and dining utensils, dishwasher, coffee maker, blender, toaster, fridge, electric stove and oven, microwave, mixer, basic spices.
• Starter supply of paper and soap products provided sufficient for 2-night stay.
• Separate dining room seats 4.
• Living area has 21” TV, DVD player and stone fireplace with gas logs.
• Cable TV.
• Laundry room with washer, dryer, iron and ironing board.
• Central air and heat. Ceiling fans.
• Three porches. Two screened and one open. Charcoal grill. Guests must supply charcoal and lighter fuel.
• Fire ring in back yard. Guests must supply firewood.
• Free wi-fi. Telephone – Free local calls.
• Easy access on paved road. Three steps to entry.
• Parking for 2 cars. Additional parking in village is within walking distance.
• Grocery is 10 minutes away.
• NO PETS, NO SMOKING.