Grist Mill River Cottage
Availability of this Cabin
Cozy and romantic cottage on the Rocky Broad River offers great fly fishing and huge backyard with fire pit.
Grist Mill River Cottage had its beginnings in the 1920’s as one of Bat Cave, North Carolina’s first grist mills on the Rocky Broad River. Electricity for the grist mill was generated by a water wheel down on the river, portions of which still exist on the grounds.
Completely rebuilt and restored in 2011 with all new furnishings and fixtures, Grist Mill River Cottage now has modern amenities never envisioned by its original owners. Today, its river location is more noted for being one of the best fly fishing spots in the Hickory Nut Gorge.
Furnished with high quality furniture and professionally decorated with luxurious linens, oriental-style rugs, and nature-themed accessories, this quaint cottage has a laidback, comfortable elegance.
Explore the large backyard filled with old-fashioned shrubs and flowers, and follow the winding stone pathway down to the clear mountain river with trout and bream just waiting for you to catch! Evenings can be spent roasting hot dogs and marshmallows in the fire pit down by the river while you create memories of this magical place.
On rainy days, guests can enjoy 3 wide screen HDTV’s with satellite service offering a football package and an endless array of movies and music channels. One TV is also equipped with a Wii video game system. Use of complimentary wireless internet connection keeps you in touch with the office so no one will know that you have slipped away to the mountains to refresh your mind, body and spirit.
Grist Mill River Cottage is perfect for a romantic couple’s getaway or for a small family or group of friends.
Grist Mill River Cottage Amenities:
• 3-bedroom, 3-bath cottage on Rocky Broad River with 2 independent suites, one on each floor, offering guests lots of privacy. Can sleep 7, but cozy enough for a romantic getaway for 2.
• Main level consists of open living/dining/
• Living room has natural stone fireplace with gas logs, and wide screen Satellite HDTV with DVD player.
• Kitchen has stainless steel appliances and is fully equipped with cooking/dining utensils, refrigerator with in-door ice maker, ceramic top stove, microwave, dishwasher, blender, coffee maker, mixer and crock pot.
• Dining room with beautiful solid oak dining furniture.
• Screen porch off kitchen/dining area with ceiling fans and furnished for outdoor dining overlooking backyard and river.
• Large master suite with vaulted ceilings and 2 ceiling fans, king size sleigh bed, 46" HDTV, full bath with shower and French doors leading to private balcony furnished with bistro table and chairs for enjoying the beautiful views of back yard and river.
• Lower level suite is accessed from outside screened-in stairwell on riverside of cottage. This floor consists of a sitting room with an oversized sleeper chair (like a twin pull-out bed), one bedroom with queen bed, and one bedroom with a daybed with pop-up trundle that can be used as 2 twins or a king. The daybed room has a 46" HDTV with a Wii Home Video Game system, a small fridge and a coffee maker. A full bath with shower completes the downstairs suite. A screen porch off this suite is furnished with rocking chairs and has views of the large back yard and river.
• Central heat and air.
• Telephone. Wireless Internet.
• Extensive decks with outdoor gas grill and rocking chairs overlooking large, lush backyard with stone fire pit surrounded by Adirondack chairs.
• 200' of dramatically beautiful river frontage with deck overlooking river.
• Parking for two cars in covered carport and one car in front of cottage. Flat entry from parking area with no stairs.