Grist Mill River Cottage
Availability of this Cabin
Grist Mill River Cottage had its beginnings as one of the first grist mills on the Rocky Broad River.
Fully renovated into a charming cottage in 2013, it now has modern amenities never envisioned by its original owners. Today, its river location is more noted for being one of the best fishing spots in the Hickory Nut Gorge. Furnished with high quality furniture, luxurious linens and oriental-style rugs, this beautiful cottage has a laidback, comfortable elegance.
Guests will enjoy lots of privacy with two independent suites, one on each floor, and both having screen porches and decks overlooking the large backyard, fire pit and mountain river. The separate entrance to the downstairs suite is accessed via the screen porch on the riverside of the cottage.
Explore the large backyard filled with old-fashioned shrubs and flowers, and follow the winding stone pathway down to a fishing deck overlooking the clear mountain river with trout and bream just waiting for you to catch! Spend evenings down by the river and build a fire in the large fire pit with the sounds of the rushing river providing background music.
Grist Mill River Cottage is 2-1/2 miles from Chimney Rock State Park, 3 miles from Lake Lure Marina and Beach and the Lake Lure Inn. It is 12 miles from Hendersonville, NC, 22 miles from Asheville and 22-1/2 miles from Tryon International Equestrian Center.
Main level: Open floor plan with great room, dining area and kitchen. Master suite with full bath. Full guest bath. Laundry room. Screen porch off kitchen/dining area.
Lower Level: Bedroom, bonus room, sitting room, full bath. Screen porch. Note: Separate entrance to lower level.
Grist Mill River Cottage Details
• 2,046 sq ft ± 2-story cottage with mountain and river views.
• 200’ of dramatically beautiful river frontage with fire pit on river (firewood provided) and fishing deck.
• Luxurious master suite on main floor with king sized sleigh bed, full bath, 46” HDTV and French doors leading to private screened balcony with bistro table and chairs overlooking river.
• Separate suite downstairs with one queen bedroom, full bath, bonus room with daybed with pop-up trundle (can be used as 2 twins or a king), coffee station, small fridge and 46” HDTV with a Wii Home Video Game System. Downstairs sitting area has oversized sleeper chair (opens to a twin bed).
• 3 full bathrooms – Master bath with walk-in shower and guest bath with tub/shower on main floor. Bath on lower floor has walk-in shower. Hair dryers.
• Sleeps 7.
• Linens and towels provided.
• Kitchen has stainless steel appliances – dishwasher, fridge with ice maker, ceramic top stove, oven and microwave, plus coffee maker, toaster, blender, crock pot, mixer and basic spices. French doors lead to screen porch with rocking chairs and dining table and access to downstairs suite.
• Starter supply of paper and soap products provided usually sufficient for a 2-night stay
• Large living area with stone fireplace with gas logs, 46”HDTV, DVD player.
• Dining area – Dining table seats 8.
• Satellite HDTV with premium channels, sports package and music channels.
• Laundry room with washer dryer, iron and ironing board.
• Central air and heat (2 controls). Ceiling fans.
• Extensive decks with rocking chairs and gas grill. Propane provided.
• 3 screen porches.
• Free wi-fi. Telephone – Free local calls.
• Easy access with no steps to front door.
• Parking for 2 cars in covered carport, parking for one more car right at the front door.
• Grocery is 15 minutes away.
• NO PETS, NO SMOKING.